What I'm Reading: Personal Favorites

by - May 23, 2015


It is the weekend again and while most of us are on the go catching up with friends and "lost time" frolicking about doing all fun except work, my idea of a fun weekend is often snuggling and catching up with my readings. And although I read books like I would do a buffet, I have my own personal picks when in comes to authors and storyline. So here are my picks for a weekend book share ;)


James Patterson & Maxine Paetro's 11th Hour - I feel in love with James Patterson when I was back in the Philippines fighting cancer. His twist  unexpected endings ignites my love of surprises. The story evolves around two unrelated murder and a detective who has to struggle between solving both cases, pregnancy and a seemingly perfect relationship gone wrong. This is kind of my read version of Law and Order Special Victims Unit where Sergeant Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) run after the devil itself. And one thing I really love about this book is the way it is written in a very comprehensive way. Terms are broken down into which readers can easily relate. 

Synopsis - Detective Olivia Boxer is pregnant and is also torn between solving two murder cases, a serial gang killer and a discovered backyard full of buried heads... and is her husband cheating on her? ... and so when the evidence of the cop/gang killer leads to her best friend, Boxer must find the truth about him and do her best to eliminate him as a suspect or is he? and not only she is dealing with pregnancy and personal issues, she is also being attack by a journalist who fancy tainting the investigation as well as her personal involvement with the cases. 


Jeanette Winterson's The Daylight Gate - The story is set on the era where science, sorcery and witch craft gets complicatedly tangled. So if you are into witchery, mystery and ghoulish plot, then reading this book would surely give you a back in time adventure. *please see back cover for the synopsis.


Dan Brown's Inferno - a mystery thriller novel which depicted Dante Alighiere's journey to hell. The book also features world famous museums, artifacts and a lot of breathtaking chase into mysterious alleys.  I specially adore Dan Brown's twisted plot between fact and fiction. Not only his book plays a bizarre actualization of reality, conspiracy, history and imagination but also it brings you into an allegorical presentation of the arts and history. 

So here's my favorite pick for this this week. Happy weekend wonderful people and stay safe and healthy!  and remember "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." - Maya Angelou, Letter to my Daughter



post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments