Qoutes To Help You Get Out of Bed Even If You Don't Want To

by - September 17, 2016


As soon as the first day of September came,  I found myself humming to the tune of Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and I thought, bhoy must be a sad sad September for someone to wait that long to get out of bed. Of course, we all deserve that occasional stay in bed-kind of a lazy day from time to time. But wanting to stay in bed because we feel like the world seemed to weight us down and we have lose appetite for life is a hard battle to fight. And yes, I've been there and still do from time to time.

You see when I was diagnosed with cancer, people thought that I always wake up on the right side of my bed. But that wasn't always the case. To be honest, my days are not always good and oohhh so full of sunshine. There were days when I felt very tired and exhausted, I wanted to give up and just bring down the curtains.

Yes depression sucks. And  I know how it feels to go round of what it seems to be a never ending cycle of struggle. And yes, it is never going to be easy, it is never easy to snap out it. But during those times when the world had its weight on me, I realized I had a choice. I always have a choice. So I would pick myself up, drag myself out of bed and face a new dawn. And it doesn't mean that you always have to be happy either. You just want to feel human, to be connected, to know that there is a reason to exist and find that courage to live through another day.

So, here are my favorite quotes.... or I'd say mantra that keeps me going even on my worst kind of day.

 “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” -Helen Keller

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.” 
–Mary Anne Radmacher

“In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” –Albert Camus

“Life is tough, but so are you.”

“Pain is real, but so is hope.” 

“Your struggle is part of your story.” 

“Sometimes its okay if the only thing you did today was breathe.”

“Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” ~ Napoleon Hill

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” 
~ Lance Armstrong

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.


So remember, you always matter. Have a wonderful Weekend Everyone! Till next Time!



You May Also Like

0 comments