Blogmas Day 6: Currently Reading

by - December 06, 2016


The Winter
Pitiful old Winter has return,
Limping up and down our roads,
Spreading his white blanket of snow
While the Cers wind cries in the branches of the pine trees.
Tradition Occitan Song


Good morning beautiful people! yup the weather is getting cold and yes if you are in southeast asia you would definitely understand the sentiment. But really today is such a beautiful day and and and it's Blogmas day 6!

So yesterday I started reading 'The Winter Ghost' by Kate Mosse for my Christmas theme current read. It  obviously has a winter theme.. And like I said the weather is also getting cold where I am so there's the ambiance to my read ;)

Anyways, the book was published in 2010 and as usual I got it from a second hand book store. And I right away fell in love with this book not only because it's by Kate Mosse but  also it is a history-novel which is set in the foothills of the French Pyrenees. And Kate Mosse is the best when it comes to integrating history and fiction.

And yes, I love KM's books after I read the 'Labyrinth' and since then her books are my favorite escapes. I could spend the whole day immerse in the text in the world so haunting, thrilling, passionate, so intriguing you wouldn't want to leave.  Yes, I am a happy soul when I am surrounded with my books.

Well, here's a synopsis in case you haven't read this one yet. It is set in 1928 and it is about Freddie Watson who is grieving for the lost of his brother who died in the Great War. So while he was driving through a snowstorm in the foothills of the French Pyrenees his car went of the road which lead him to take refuge at an isolated village. It was then that he met Fabrissa. But she vanished by day break and it was then that Freddie realized that he has the key to an ancient mystery and long forgotten secrets (ooohhh this is the part where it hit me big time).

So there's my current Christmas theme read. What are you guys reading? You can leave a comment below or send me a message ;) Have a nice day and remember  "Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light." Vera Nazarian




post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments