November Book Haul

by - December 01, 2016




Hey beautiful people! Happy Thursday! And yes, I can feel the cool gentle breeze of December already. Well,  I gave birth to new books last month :) and today I decided to write a little book haul.  I haven't read most of it yet except first chapter of  the 'Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. I love his other two books 'And the Mountains Echo' and 'Thousand Splendid Suns' so I am very excited to get my hands on this one.



The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 

This book tells the story about Amir  and his friend Hassan who are desperate to join a kite-fighting tournament. But something happened (I don't know that yet) the first chapter of the book doesn't often reveal that :) okay, I have heard about this book the first year it was published but it was after I read Khaled Hosseini's third book 'And the Mountain Echos' that I became  interested. I was introduced to another world to people and it has change my life forever ;)



All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

I randomly picked this book for our (husband and I) "Pick a New Author Challenge"  and for me it was love at first quote and it says, "Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever." I feel like I resonate with it in so many ways and that is why I right away felt the connection. The story tells about a father and daughter struggle to take refuge from the Nazis and a German orphan named Werner. Okay I can already feel that this book will stir my emotions crazy.



Skeleton Coast by Clive Cussler


If this book is what I think it is then this is going to be my new love ;) The blurb seems interesting and since I love 'The Atlantis' which I read half of it and promise to finish, I am sure this one is going to be very exciting. Who wouldn't love something like the National Treasure-Da Vince Code-The Librarian kind of plot and judging by the concept of the cover... it is what I think it is ;)




A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner

The story is based on the author's son Dale who is autistic and how their dog Henry help him cope with it. It's an inspiring story about a family and their struggle to understand their son's world and how a dog made a difference in their lives. And yes, I am inspired. I know this book is going to leave a mark in my heart forever :)

So theses are the book s that made it to my reading list for December and I can't wait to read and share my thoughts on it. So have an awesome day beaugorgeous and always remember coffee and books are life's essential. LOL!



post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments